tennisbuddys contributions and service to the community
- Growing tennis, growing fitness tennisbuddys mission statement is “Growing tennis, growing fitness” and was founded with this pursuit in mind. How can we grow a fun sport like tennis in our neighborhood and how can we grow fitness for our young and adult and senior generations. In this high tech age, it is very very essential that we not neglect our outdoor activities that is so crucial for our mental and physical well being. With time being such a constraint in our lives, tennisbuddys was determined to bring a fitness program right into your neighborhood and has done so. The numbers have grown from 2 students a week to about 70 students a week, in only just over 1 year since this program was started. This shows that it is very true as the saying goes “If you build it they will come” so we built tennisbuddys right in our neighborhood courts and have brought, fun and fitness right to your doorstep, for any generation, all ages, all skill levels.
- Free Tennis Clinics 2004 and 2005: Each year, tennisbuddys holds FREE TENNIS CLINICS for juniors and adults in the neighborhood community where everyone is welcome to participate. If they don’t own a racket, tennisbuddys loans them one. To view the past events on FREE CLINICS click on FREE CLINICS.
- Austin Children’s Choir February, 1996: As part of Austin Children’s Choir’s fundraiser, tennisbuddys donated FREE tennis lessons to the silent auction.
- National Instruments Health Fair 2005: tennisbuddys was invited to hold a booth at annual NI health fair and also handed out FREE tennis lesson gift certificates, at the drawing, supporting the need for a healthy and fit community and workplace.
- LONA (Laurel Oaks Neighborhood Association) tennisbuddys donates FREE web services to the LONA website and is also the process of trying to find out how to raise funds and get grant money towards the Oakview tennis courts and park’s need for restrooms and water fountain. This effort is backed up by LONA who has always been supporting our neighborhood’s best interest over number of years.
- Oakview Park tennis court tennisbuddys contributes a big percent of its income to the Pickfair Community Center, Austin Parks and Recreation Dept. and supports the Austin parks and tennis courts.