How to Sign up for our program
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR OUR CLASSES, YOU READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE:
This page covers “how to sign up for group & private junior/adult tennis lessons”, “how our program works, what you need to know ahead of time before registering or paying” and our “policies”!
Please make sure to read the entirety of this page. If you still have questions email coach.
How to sign up for monthly Junior and Adult “group” tennis lessons:
- First look at the “SCHEDULE” on our program pages for group lesson’s by hovering over the “Junior Tennis” or “Adult Tennis” link on the top of the page on the menu bar. You will see a list of tennis programs for all group lessons. Click on a specific sub link to find out more about a specific adult or junior group class by “age” and “skill level”. Full description, fees, full schedule, rates are on specific program pages. Make sure you look at the full year’s schedule as the days and times change per season due to daylight savings time but it is all listed for your convenience beforehand. It is your responsibility to ensure you do not have a conflict with your personal schedules first. Then only register/pay for the correct class/day/time of your choice from our class SCHEDULE before paying! Please do not sign up for classes just based on what schedule works for you, make sure you sign up also based on skill match.
- Read our “TennisBuddys Program Policies” BELOW It is your responsibility you have read our program “policies” ahead of time before signing up and paying for a classes so you know what to expect and how our program is runs before you pay! No credits or refund once you sign up!
- Register Students must all REGISTER. We will not accept any payments without a registration! Once you have looked at our program pages and made your class choice, day and time, go to top right-hand corner of any page and you will see a maroon “REGISTER” link. Click on it and follow the steps. We are only taking MONTH TO MONTH registrations right now!
- TennisBuddys,LLC Liability/waiver and policy FORMS Without signing our waiver students cannot participate, only need to sign once a year and “every page” must be signed as we do rain makeups at 2 different venues, you must have completed all pages on the forms. Once registration is complete we will send you our liability/waiver forms which you will read thoroughly, sign and send the completed forms via email. By signing our “liability/consent/policy waiver forms” you have willingly agreed to comply with it and have acknowledged that you have read our “how to sign up” page, “TennisBuddys Program Policies” at the bottom of this page and have entered into our tennis program with the agreement to follow all rules and regulations!
- Payment Once your have sent us the completed liability/waiver/policy forms you can now pay by going to the top right of any page and click on the maroon “PAYMENT OPTIONS” link and follow the steps there.
- Payment Notes: If payment note is incomplete your spot maybe delayed for confirmation. Under payment notes always put student name/class name/class description/class day/class time/number of classes a week (1cl/wk or 2cl/wk) . This will ensure faster confirmation as parents and students sometimes have different last names, we won’t know which class you signed up for, how many a week, registering parent name maybe different from paying parent name. There are many variables which makes it hard for us to confirm your spot on time!
- If you want more than 2 cl/wk and it is offered, check with coach first If there are 3hrs./wk option you will get the discounted rate so please ask coach. Any holidays that fall under the discounted rate classes will not be refunded, credited or made up so please take this into account. You can choose to pay per class instead.
- Confirming your spot Once all steps are complete it takes a day or 2 for payments to complete and process. You will receive a confirmation that your student’s registration, payment and forms have completed and your spot is now confirmed!
- Email Notification Reminder for your specific class Before your first group class starts each month, you will receive a group email reminder or group text for your specific tennis class. This is just a onetime courtesy reminder. It is your responsibility to ensure these emails or group texts do not go into your junk folder, you do not delete or ignore them. It is your responsibility to read email reminder thoroughly so all your questions are answered. After reading entire content if you still have questions please contact coach.
- Delays, Rain Makeups, Cancellations: Tennisbuddys will send you group texts or emails to let you know about weather delays, rain makeups, cancellations. If you choose to not receive them, please let the coach know but do understand it is your responsibility to inquire and ask questions. We will always include you once you are signed up so you don’t miss out on classes but if you fail to read them you are responsible for missed classes!
How to sign up for “private” tennis lessons:
Go to the “Junior Tennis” or “Adult Tennis ” links on top of any page in the header, hover over it and you will see submenu links. Click on “Private Lesson” link to find out details
Our program policies
- Announcements: Important announcements will be on our main page in RED! check out main page to see if there is anything NEW!
- Location: Before you sign up you are made aware that classes may be held at one location and rain makeups maybe held at another location. You must have filled out all pages of our liability and consent waivers for all venues before participating on our programs.
- Student/Parent responsibility: Coach is only responsible for tennis participants for the duration of their tennis lesson. Children must be supervised before and after class as coach comes early to setup the class and after she has other classes. Please do not drop off your kids too early or pick up late, coach cannot watch them, and parents are always responsible!
- Late pick up fees
Late pickup fees will now be applied of $5 for every 10 minutes. Failure to pay is cause for dismissal from our program with partial refund. The coach has classes back-to-back and has other appointments and cannot be responsible for your child before or after class. Coach comes very early to setup class and plan and has to load the car after class, please do not drop off your kids too early or pick up late as they must be supervised by parents at all times before and after class. COACH IS ONLY REPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHILDREN FOR THE DURATION OF THE CLASS.
- Restroom use/parents of young kids need to stay all students (older kids) taking classes must come directly back to court after restroom use (some venues have restrooms and other don’t). If parents of younger kids wander off leaving chid unattended, TennisBuddys, LLC, coach, employees, or staff are not responsible. Parents of younger kids need to stay so you can take them to the restrooms. Coach cannot at any time leave the court and class.
- Viewing: All parents, siblings family members must stay outside the tennis court. Only students are allowed on the tennis court for safety reasons and overcrowding!
- NO COACHING ALLOWED: Please refrain from coaching your child and yelling at them from the side lines
Please refrain from coaching your child while the instructor is present, it is very distracting and difficult for both students and coach to focus and it puts a lot of pressure on the student as you put them on the spot. The kids that do the best are the ones who are left alone to figure it out with the help of coach and their peers on court. We always encourage parents to cheer and clap and encourage their children from outside the court.
- Tennis court usage TennisBuddys, LLC and Coach Aruna will have rented specific number of courts on specific days. Only the # of courts rented and designated for tennis classes will be used under coach supervision. You may not get on any court before or after your class as there is a rental time limit. Failure to comply will lead to possible expulsion from our tennis program and future tennis classes.
- EARLY BIRD payment ends on the 15th but do not wait until then as classes may fill up. Registration/payment opens 1st of each month for the next month of classes
Our classes are always on a “FIRST COME FIRST SERVED” basis, first 8 students or 16 students (certain programs over the 16 student options) who register and pre-pay for a month prior to the next month of classes get in first. Rest will be put on a wait list! EARLY BIRD FEES AND REGULAR FEES are listed under each specific Junior and Adult group tennis program pages. Always check with coach before signing up to ensure classes are not full especially if you forget to sign up early! Always sign up for proper skill levels.
- Tennisbuddys seasons
At this time we are only taking month to month registrations and payments!
- Family Discounts
We do not give REFERRAL CREDITS ANYMORE! We have started our new FAMILY DISCOUNTS for all “GROUP” tennis classes. If there are “more than 1 member” of a family participating in our group lessons (adult or junior classes) you get a family discount which is 7% off. We also have 2hrs/wk or 3hrs/wk (classes that offers) discounted already. None of these discounted rates will allow for holidays falling under the fees refunded, credited or made up! Discounts are based on 8 classes/m or 12 classes/m. If any holidays fall under those days no refund, credit or makeup. You can choose to PAY PER CLASS, FULL RATE!
- Class duration
All Classes are 1 hour long (some higher level junior and adult classes are 2 hour long) . On any given day if only 1 or 2 students are present or the minimum class head count is not met due to absences, the class will go to half the class time thus coach always needs to know about attendance. Please be courteous and always txt the coach about tardiness or absence. Group lessons are set per student to coach ratio.
Classes run the first four weeks of the month. 1st to the 28th of each month. Example: the first 4 Mon’s, the first 4 Tue’s … If there is a 5th Mon, there is no class! If a class falls under a holiday (4 cl/m or 8 cl/m will not be met) check with coach how much to pay.
This is subject to change: IF COACH HAS A PERSONAL MATTER TO ATTEND TO AND NEEDS TO TAKE A DAY OFF YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED AND CLASS WILL BE MADE UP!
- 2021 HOLIDAYS (Discounted rates, any holidays will not be refunded, credited or made up. You can pay per class if you wish):
When classes fall under specific “TennisBuddys Holiday’s” you will always only pay for the classes that run meaning PAY PER CLASS OPTION. Check with coach how much to pay if there are holidays that TennisBuddys is off and that month 4cl/m or 8cl/m cannot be met. We want you to only pay for classes that will run if you do not want the discounted pre-pay fee (always check with coach if this is confusing). All PRE-PAID DISCOUNTED you do not get any holidays refunded, made up or credited, if a class falls under your discounted rate. We try to run classes on most holidays except for major holidays when all families are taking time off. Year round we try to cater to families that stay in town on the short holidays. When in doubt always email coach with questions before you pay especially if you still have questions after reading our “how to sign up” page. This page answers almost all of your questions.
THANKSGIVING: November 23, 24 we are closed
CHRISTMAS/WINTER BREAK: December 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st, 2nd, 3rd 2022 we are closed. Classes resume for 2022 on January 4th!
We are off Jan 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 2022. All classes will resume on January 4th, 2022.
- What is provided
Tennis balls and other tennis related training items are provided. Tennis rackets can be borrowed for the duration of the class (please do not take it home, leave it with coach so others can borrow them). Rackets are purchased on a regular basis so everyone has a racket on court even if you don’t own one. Grips are changed regularly as they wear out due to us disinfecting them constantly. Strings break and are restrung regularly. Tennis balls are purchased and also re-pressurized on machines thanks to our partners BCC who support our small business. We do our best to stay on top off all training equipment’s.
- Tennis Balls & borrowed rackets: Please do not take tennis balls that you hold in your pockets for serves during games and match play or tennis rackets home. Please leave them on court for others to use. If you accidentally take them please kindly bring them back. Thank you!
If you wish to withdraw from our program, we need 2 weeks prior notification before classes start, and you will get a full refund! No refund will be granted after. Credit will be issued in case of any medical issues, injuries “only with a documented medical problem, with a doctor’s note and consent stating YOU ARE FIT TO GO BACK TO TENNIS PLAY”
- What to bring/What to wear
Please bring sufficient water (1 or 2 water bottles) as there are no water fountains. Don’t leave it with your parents, bring it with you to the court.
Sunscreen, sunhat, loose clothing is advised during summer. Jackets are a must in winter, please send the kid’s with one. No SANDALS ONLY TENNIS SHOES, they will not be allowed to attend due to risk of injury and will be sent home. NO JEANS, kids should always were loose comfortable clothing according to weather, shorts/warmup pants/shirts.
All long hair must be tied up so participants can see what they are doing and less chances they touch their faces.
- Court Etiquette “Student’s and Parent’s”
Disruptive and unruly behavior is not tolerated by a student or a parent. In the case of any hindrances (misconduct, harassment, or noncompliance to our policies) with fair warning the student will be removed from our tennis program with partial refund. If a student is not ready to follow and be a part of the team and causes safety issues by not following lesson plan or is a disruption to class they will get one warning and then get sent home with parent right away (no credit, makeup, refunds). These are group classes and all students are expected to come ready to follow coach and lesson plan. If your child needs one on one attention please sign up for private lessons and not group lessons.
Please be on time for classes so you don’t miss out on valuable instructions. It is important you always text coach If you will be absent or late. There is no swapping classes or coming to another class or time or month if you will be absent. Classes are setup by coach ensuring all have signed liability waiver forms and are at similar skill levels. Each class has a specific head count and drop-ins can attend at drop-in rates. On any given day if only 2 students are present the class will go to half the class time thus coach always needs to know about attendance. If you miss a class due to sickness or a personal reason, there will be no makeup, credit or refund as the instructor still must run the class and it affects the class lesson plan and court rental fees.
- Class size
Group tennis Class Size – Minimum 4, maximum 8 in a Class (the class will overflow “only” when makeup classes are held, which is at the coach’s discretion). Some classes that are 2 hour long may have 16 in a class spread out on 4 courts. This is just for higher level juniors and adults. Per head count coach will decide to use 1, 2, 3 or 4 courts to use as courts are rental on hourly basis. Group tennis Classes will run only if the minimum of 4 player requirement is fulfilled. If there are less than 4 players, you will be notified before a monthly session begins. You have the option to apply your payment towards private lessons or move to another similar class to fill the number of 4 student minimum group requirement (if space is available) or get credit for future month or a full refund. Once a group lesson has started with the minimum of 4 students, if only 1 or two students show up and the others are absent: class only runs for 1/2 the duration of class due to student to coach ratio.
We reserve the right to cancel, combine classes, adjust group lesson fees to private lessons with insufficient enrollment.
- Makeup Class Policy:
Makeup classes are strictly held only in case of rain, bad weather, or instructor absence (sickness or any personal reason). You will be notified via txt or email (always read them).
All Makeup classes are at the coach’s discretion to call anytime during the week or weekend, combine classes, or do individual group classes dependent on the weather and availability! If you are absent on makeup classes, there will be no makeup of a makeup, rescheduling, credit, or refund! If any “Makeup Class” gets rained out as well, class will be dismissed. A makeup of a makeup class will not be held. There will be no credits, refunds, or rescheduling! The only time a regular tennis class can overflow, or a makeup class can overflow with extra students, is when the coach decides to call a “Makeup class” It is at the coach’s discretion! Group txt is sent to your specific group class to notify you. Sometimes due to weather related or technical issues not all receive “group texts”. Always respond “received” so coach can notify you directly! If you wish to opt out of grp txt or grp email notifications let coach know, but you are responsible to stay on top of what you may miss.
Always a good rule of thumb to txt coach if you have any questions on weather related issues.
- Cost of class
TennisBuddys, LLC’s cost of class goes towards court rental fees, all transition tennis balls, free loaner tennis rackets, balls, tennis tools used for training and conditioning, website hosting, domain hosting, Insurance, Certification membership fees, safety measures (rubbing alcohol spray) and sanitization tools, new strings and grips, stringing cost, court maintenance etc. We do not charge for balls, loaner rackets or helping you grip your rackets.
- OPT out of group email’s and group text’s
We understand families have rigorous schedules so we send courtesy reminders. Sometimes parents want both parents listed on grp txt and grp emails, sometimes just one parent. Let coach know. Some do not want to be disturbed with grp txt or grp emails please let coach know. Before your first class for the month starts coach sends “one very important group email” for your specific group class. Make sure you read the full details and mark your calendar and make sure it doesn’t go into your junk folder. We send courtesy text reminders too. It can be overwhelming to get too many emails or texts for some. If you wish to opt out always let coach know. If you wish to add both parents let coach know. Once you opt out it is your responsibility to ask questions as you will miss the courtesy reminders. We want to ensure no one misses their tennis classes due to missed reminder.
- ADDITIONAL POLICIES At the sole discretion of Tennisbuddys, LLC, the Instructors, employees, staff, any misconduct, harassment, or noncompliance, disruptive and unruly behavior is not tolerated by children or adults any participants, parents, family members or guests of participants that causes any hindrances, misconduct, harassment, or noncompliance to our set policies. If your child, student, or any adult breaks the safety rules that disrupts the lesson or does not follow or comply by any of the rules on our liability and waiver forms, it is grounds for expulsion from our tennis program and without refund, credit or make up and is actionable by Tennisbuddys, LLC. Participants and/or parents/guardians/guests may be asked to leave the Program and premise, with no refund, credit, or makeup. Tennisbuddys, LLC may update this agreement by providing additional Program documents or policies. All information on our website and liability and consent forms are subject to change!